By Donald E. Knuth
The bible of programming idea and perform is being up-to-date for the 1st time in additional than two decades. The e-book is anxious with info structures--the illustration of knowledge inside of a working laptop or computer, the structural interrelations among facts components and the way to paintings with them successfully, and functions to simulation, numerical tools and software program design.
By David Cross
By Steven Feuerstein, Andrew Odewahn
However very good they're, such a lot desktop books are inherently passive--readers easily take up textual content with no need any chance to react to it. The Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Workbook is a unique type of animal! it really is designed to interact you actively, to get you fixing programming difficulties instantly, and that will help you practice what you will have discovered approximately PL/SQL--and within the technique deepen your wisdom of the language. via tackling the routines during this workbook, you can find your self relocating extra speedily alongside the training curve to affix the turning out to be ranks of PL/SQL experts.The Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Workbook is a spouse to Steven Feuerstein's bestselling Oracle PL/SQL Programming and his different PL/SQL books from O'Reilly. It incorporates a conscientiously developed set of difficulties and options that may try your language abilities and support you turn into a greater developer--both with PL/SQL and with different languages. routines are supplied at 3 degrees: newbie, intermediate, and specialist. The workbook workouts disguise all of the significant positive aspects of PL/SQL, together with these new to Oracle8i (e.g., Java and internet good points, independent transactions, and bulk binds).You'll locate chapters on:
- Basic language elements--variables, naming, loops, conditional and sequential keep watch over, exception dealing with, and records.
- Data structures--index-by tables, nested tables, variables arrays (VARRAYs), and item technology.
- Database interaction--cursors, DML and transaction administration, cursor variables, and local dynamic SQL
- Program construction--procedures, services, blocks, applications, database triggers, and calling PL/SQL services in SQL.
- Built-in functionality--the personality, date, conversion, numeric, and miscellaneous services, and the DBMS_SQL, DBMS_PIPE, DBMS_OUTPUT, UTL_FILE, and DBMS_JOB integrated packages.
- Miscellaneous topics--using Java with PL/SQL, exterior courses, PL/SQL internet improvement, tuning PL/SQL, and PL/SQL for DBAs.
By Paul Graham
"The laptop global is like an highbrow Wild West, within which you could shoot someone you need together with your principles, if you are keen to threat the results. " --from Hackers & Painters: giant principles from the pc Age, via Paul Graham
We reside within the machine age, in an international more and more designed and engineered by way of desktop programmers and software program designers, by way of those who name themselves hackers. who're those humans, what motivates them, and why if you care?
Consider those evidence: every little thing round us is popping into pcs. Your typewriter is long gone, changed through a working laptop or computer. Your cellphone has become a working laptop or computer. So has your digicam. quickly your television will. Your automobile used to be not just designed on pcs, yet has extra processing energy in it than a room-sized mainframe did in 1970. Letters, encyclopedias, newspapers, or even your neighborhood shop are being changed through the Internet.
Hackers & Painters: giant principles from the pc Age, by means of Paul Graham, explains this international and the motivations of the folk who occupy it. In transparent, considerate prose that pulls on illuminating ancient examples, Graham takes readers on an unflinching exploration into what he calls "an highbrow Wild West."
The rules mentioned during this publication may have a strong and lasting impression on how we expect, how we paintings, how we advance expertise, and the way we are living. subject matters comprise the significance of good looks in software program layout, easy methods to make wealth, heresy and loose speech, the programming language renaissance, the open-source circulation, electronic layout, net startups, and more.
By Andrew Hunt
-- Ward Cunningham instantly from the programming trenches, The Pragmatic Programmer cuts during the expanding specialization and technicalities of contemporary software program improvement to ascertain the center process--taking a demand and generating operating, maintainable code that delights its clients. It covers themes starting from own accountability and profession improvement to architectural options for preserving your code versatile and simple to evolve and reuse. learn this e-book, and youll methods to *Fight software program rot; *Avoid the capture of duplicating wisdom; *Write versatile, dynamic, and adaptable code; *Avoid programming through twist of fate; *Bullet-proof your code with contracts, assertions, and exceptions; *Capture actual standards; *Test ruthlessly and successfully; *Delight your clients; *Build groups of pragmatic programmers; and *Make your advancements extra designated with automation. Written as a sequence of self-contained sections and jam-packed with wonderful anecdotes, considerate examples, and fascinating analogies, The Pragmatic Programmer illustrates the easiest practices and significant pitfalls of many alternative facets of software program improvement. even if youre a brand new coder, an skilled programm
By Ben Klemens
Throw out your previous rules approximately C and get to grasp a programming language that’s considerably outgrown its origins. With this revised version of 21st Century C, you’ll become aware of updated options lacking from different C tutorials, even if you’re new to the language or simply getting reacquainted.
C isn’t simply the basis of contemporary programming languages; it is a latest language, perfect for writing effective, state of the art purposes. Get previous idioms that made experience on mainframes and examine the instruments you want to paintings with this advanced and aggressively basic language. it doesn't matter what programming language you now prefer, you’ll quick see that twenty first century C rocks.
- Set up a C programming setting with shell amenities, makefiles, textual content editors, debuggers, and reminiscence checkers
- Use Autotools, C’s de facto cross-platform package deal manager
- Learn in regards to the complicated C ideas too valuable to discard
- Solve C’s string-building issues of C-standard functions
- Use sleek syntactic good points for services that take based inputs
- Build high-level, object-based libraries and programs
- Perform complicated math, check with net servers, and run databases with latest C libraries
This variation additionally contains new fabric on concurrent threads, digital tables, C99 numeric kinds, and different features.
By Mitchell Hashimoto
Discover why Vagrant is a must have device for hundreds of thousands of builders and ops engineers. With this hands-on consultant, you’ll the best way to use this open resource software program to quick construct a digital computing device for any purpose—including a totally sandboxed, totally provisioned improvement surroundings correct in your desktop.
Vagrant writer Mitchell Hashimoto exhibits you ways to proportion a digital computing device photo with contributors of your group, manage a separate virtualization for every venture, and package deal digital machines to be used by way of others. commence growing improvement environments with Vagrant, and methods to retailer time, stay away from frustration, and forestall expensive errors.
* construct an easy digital desktop with simply instructions and no configuration
* Create a improvement surroundings that heavily resembles construction
* Automate software program set up and administration with shell scripts, Chef, or Puppet
* arrange a community interface to entry your digital computing device from any computing device
* Use your personal editor and browser to improve and attempt your functions
* try complex multi-machine clusters with a unmarried Vagrantfile
* swap Vagrant’s default working approach to check your construction OS
* expand Vagrant good points with plugins, together with parts you construct your self
By Adam Dawes
Creating enjoyable, subtle video games for home windows units huge or small hasn't ever been more straightforward! With plenty of instance code and entirely operating video games so you might obtain and run instantaneously Windows eight and home windows mobile eight video game Development is your excellent first step into sleek video games development.
This e-book can provide every little thing you must observe your desires and bring terrific video games that would run on all home windows eight units from computers to pills to telephones. you could code as soon as and run all over. The ubiquity of home windows eight units makes this chance to reliable to miss!
The home windows eight and home windows mobilephone eight systems have large power for gaming. New form-factors - corresponding to the skin pill - coupled with more advantageous processors and better reveal resolutions mix to make home windows eight the easiest home windows model but for self sufficient video games improvement. it truly is by no means been more straightforward to create a ravishing video game, package deal it up and install it directly to the home windows shop with its viewers of hundreds of thousands. This booklet will convey you how.
This booklet indicates you the way to exploit Swing so as to add a GUI for your Jython scripts, with an emphasis at the WebSphere program Server wsadmin software. in reality, we will train you Swing utilizing Jython, and we'll do it in a fashion that, optimistically, that makes your scripts more uncomplicated for individuals to take advantage of, extra strong, extra comprehensible, and accordingly more straightforward to take care of.
- Create an invaluable PhoneGap workflow for better tasks as a way to simplify and deal with the advance process
- Use third-party plugins, IndexedDB, and SQLite for PhoneGap to strengthen large-scale, data-driven, and hugely available applications
- A pragmatic advisor to build top-notch large-scale functions utilizing PhoneGap
PhoneGap is an invaluable and versatile instrument that allows you to create advanced hybrid functions for cellular systems. as well as the middle expertise, there's a huge and colourful group that creates third-party plugins that may take your app to the following level.
This booklet will consultant you thru the method of constructing a fancy data-driven hybrid cellular program utilizing PhoneGap, internet applied sciences, and third-party plugins.
What you'll learn
- Construct construct workflows that simplify complicated program development
- Create available hybrid applications
- Persist and question info utilizing third-party database plugins
- Create your individual PhoneGap plugins on your precise use cases
- Create icons and splash monitors appropriate for submission to app stores
- Publish your app to the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores
About the Author
Kerri Shotts has labored with pcs for almost 25 years. Her love for expertise and programming began while she used to be brought to her first desktop: a Commodore sixty four. She received a level in computing device technological know-how whereas in school, and moved directly to develop into a software program try out engineer. in a while, she turned an Oracle Database Administrator for numerous years. Now, she works as a know-how advisor, developing, imposing, and keeping customized purposes (both laptop and mobile), web content, snap shots and emblems, and extra for her consumers. you'll find her web publication posts on her site (http://www.photokandy.com/) and she or he is lively at the Google teams for PhoneGap. whilst she isn't really operating, she enjoys images, tune, and fish conserving. She is the writer of numerous books released by way of Packt Publishing.
Table of Contents
- Task Automation
- ECMAScript 2015 and Browserify
- Sassy CSS
- More Responsive Design
- Hybrid program Accessibility
- Testing and UI Automation
- Web SQL Database
- Transferring Files
- Graphical Assets