By Brian W. Kernighan, Rob Pike
Provides suggestion, real-world examples in C, C++, Java, and a number of detailed objective languages. comprises debugging, trying out, functionality, portability, layout, interfaces, kind, and notation. Softcover. DLC: desktop programming.
Alt. ISBN:9780201615869, 020161586X, 9780201615869
Ionic in Action teaches internet builders the right way to construct cross-platform cellular apps for telephones and capsules on iOS and Android. you will how you can expand your internet improvement abilities to construct apps which are indistinguishable from local iOS or Android projects.
Purchase of the print e-book incorporates a loose publication in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Ionic in Action teaches net builders how you can construct cellular apps utilizing Ionic and AngularJS. via rigorously defined examples, the publication indicates you ways to create apps that use UI elements designed for cellular, leverage present situation, combine with local equipment positive aspects just like the digital camera, use contact gestures, and combine with exterior information resources. discover ways to try your apps to enhance balance and trap blunders as you enhance. eventually, you will find the command-line software, and the way to construct and set up to app stores.
- Design complicated interfaces with Ionic's UI controls
- Build as soon as and install for either iOS and Android
- Use local machine and device-specific features
- Covers the complete cellular improvement process
About the Reader
About the Author
Jeremy Wilken is a senior UX software program developer who works with Ionic, AngularJS, and Node.js. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Ionic and hybrid apps
- Setting up your computing device to construct apps
- What you must learn about AngularJS
- Ionic navigation and center components
- Tabs, complex lists, and shape components
- Weather app, utilizing aspect menus, modals, motion sheets, and ionScroll
- Advanced ideas for pro apps
- Using Cordova plugins
- Previewing, debugging, and automatic testing
- Building and publishing apps
By John Sharp
Teach your self visible C# 2010-one step at a time. perfect for builders with basic programming abilities, this useful educational positive factors learn-by-doing workouts that exhibit how, while, and why to take advantage of the good points of the C# fast program improvement surroundings. you will tips on how to use Microsoft visible Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0; improve a superior, primary knowing of C# language gains; after which get to paintings growing genuine parts and dealing purposes for the home windows working approach. you will additionally delve into info administration applied sciences and Web-based applications.
By Jamie Munro
- Add performance that’s to be had basically on a definite equipment or platform
- Retrieve the device’s present GPS place and position a marker on a map
- Create and retailer a brand new touch or edit an latest touch within the tackle book
- Take photos with the digicam or opt for one of many user’s current photos
- Upload a dossier from the neighborhood gadget to an exterior server
- Allow the equipment to list audio or video via your app
- Enable your program to avoid wasting records locally
Jack the Ripper and legacy codebases have extra in universal than you would imagine. encouraged through forensic psychology tools, you are going to research concepts to foretell the way forward for your codebase, investigate refactoring path, and know how your group affects the layout. With its distinctive combination of forensic psychology and code research, this booklet fingers you with the ideas you wish, it doesn't matter what programming language you use.
Software is a residing entity that is continuously altering. to appreciate software program platforms, we have to recognize the place they got here from and the way they developed. by way of mining dedicate facts and examining the heritage of your code, you can begin fixes sooner than time to dispose of damaged designs, upkeep concerns, and crew productiveness bottlenecks.
In this ebook, you are going to study forensic psychology ideas to effectively preserve your software program. you are going to create a geographic profile out of your devote facts to discover hotspots, and observe temporal coupling innovations to discover hidden relationships among unrelated parts on your code. you will additionally degree the effectiveness of your code advancements. you are going to the way to follow those strategies on tasks either huge and small. For small initiatives, you will get new insights into your layout and the way good the code matches your principles. for giant initiatives, you will establish the nice and the delicate parts.
Large-scale improvement is additionally a social job, and the team's dynamics effect code caliber. that is why this booklet exhibits you ways to discover social biases while examining the evolution of your procedure. you are going to use devote messages as eyewitness bills to what's relatively taking place on your code. ultimately, you are going to placed all of it jointly through monitoring organizational difficulties within the code and checking out find out how to repair them. Come subscribe to the quest for greater code!
What You Need:
You want Java 6 and Python 2.7 to run the accompanying research instruments. you furthermore may want Git to stick with in addition to the examples.
By Bruce Eckel
The lengthy awaited sequel to the hugely winning pondering in C++. extra assurance of complex subject matters expert builders needs to grasp.
- Emphasis on complicated trying out ideas to supply optimized errors loose code.
- extensive insurance of STL with actual international reusable code examples.
- basic brief routines that simplify advanced programming exercises.
- either authors are hugely revered and widely recognized.
By Shane Warden, Federico Biancuzzi
Masterminds of Programming gains particular interviews with the creators of numerous ancient and hugely influential programming languages. during this designated assortment, you'll find out about the methods that resulted in particular layout judgements, together with the targets that they had in brain, the trade-offs they'd to make, and the way their reports have left an effect on programming this present day. Masterminds of Programming contains person interviews with:
-Adin D. Falkoff: APL
-Thomas E. Kurtz: BASIC
-Charles H. Moore: FORTH
-Robin Milner: ML
-Donald D. Chamberlin: SQL
-Alfred Aho, Peter Weinberger, and Brian Kernighan: AWK
-Charles Geschke and John Warnock: PostScript
-Bjarne Stroustrup: C++
-Bertrand Meyer: Eiffel
-Brad Cox and Tom Love: Objective-C
-Larry Wall: Perl
-Simon Peyton Jones, Paul Hudak, Philip Wadler, and John Hughes: Haskell
-Guido van Rossum: Python
-Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo and Roberto Ierusalimschy: Lua
-James Gosling: Java
-Grady Booch, Ivar Jacobson, and James Rumbaugh: UML
-Anders Hejlsberg: Delphi inventor and lead developer of C#
If you're attracted to the folk whose imaginative and prescient and tough paintings contributed to shaping the pc undefined, you'll locate Masterminds of Programming interesting.
By Simon Harris
A strong knowing of algorithms, and the data of while to use them, is important to generating software program that not just works adequately, but in addition plays successfully. this is often the one ebook to impart all this crucial information-from the fundamentals of algorithms, info constructions, and function features to the explicit algorithms utilized in improvement and programming tasks.
Packed with special causes and instructive examples, the publication starts via providing you a few basic facts buildings after which is going directly to clarify a number of sorting algorithms. you will then examine effective practices for storing and looking when it comes to hashing, timber, units, and maps. The authors additionally percentage tips about optimization thoughts and how one can keep away from universal functionality pitfalls. in any case, you will be ready to construct the algorithms and information constructions most ordinarily encountered in daily software program development.
What you are going to research from this book
- The fundamentals of algorithms, corresponding to generation and recursion
- Elementary facts buildings corresponding to lists, stacks, and queues
- Basic and complex sorting algorithms together with insertion kind, quicksort, and shell sort
- Advanced facts buildings equivalent to binary timber, ternary timber, and heaps
- Algorithms for string looking, string matching, hashing, and computational geometry
- How to take advantage of test-driven improvement innovations to make sure your code works as intended
- How to dramatically enhance the functionality of your code with hands-on options for profiling and optimization
Who this booklet is for
This booklet is for someone who develops purposes, or is simply commencing to accomplish that, and is calling to appreciate algorithms and knowledge constructions. An realizing of laptop programming is beneficial.
Wrox starting publications are crafted to make studying programming languages and applied sciences more straightforward than you're thinking that, offering a established, educational structure that would consultant you thru all of the strategies involved.
By Robert Sedgewick, Kevin Wayne
This fourth variation of Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne’s Algorithms is the best textbook on algorithms at the present time and is familiar in schools and universities around the globe. This booklet surveys an important desktop algorithms at the moment in use and gives a whole remedy of information constructions and algorithms for sorting, looking out, graph processing, and string processing--including fifty algorithms each programmer should still comprehend. during this variation, new Java implementations are written in an obtainable modular programming sort, the place the entire code is uncovered to the reader and able to use.
The algorithms during this e-book symbolize a physique of information constructed during the last 50 years that has develop into integral, not only for pro programmers and machine technological know-how scholars yet for any pupil with pursuits in technology, arithmetic, and engineering, let alone scholars who use computation within the liberal arts.
The spouse site, algs4.cs.princeton.edu, comprises
- An on-line synopsis
- Full Java implementations
- Test facts
- Exercises and solutions
- Dynamic visualizations
- Lecture slides
- Programming assignments with checklists
- Links to similar fabric
The MOOC on the topic of this publication is offered through the "Online path" hyperlink at algs4.cs.princeton.edu. The path bargains greater than a hundred video lecture segments which are built-in with the textual content, vast on-line checks, and the large-scale dialogue boards that experience confirmed so important. provided each one fall and spring, this path usually draws tens of hundreds of thousands of registrants.
Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne are constructing a latest method of disseminating wisdom that totally embraces know-how, allowing humans everywhere in the global to find new methods of studying and instructing. by means of integrating their textbook, on-line content material, and MOOC, all on the cutting-edge, they've got outfitted a different source that significantly expands the breadth and intensity of the academic experience.
By Siddhartha Rao
Learn C++ in exactly One Hour a Day
Completely up to date for the C++11 usual, Sams train your self C++ in a single Hour an afternoon presents the language from a realistic standpoint, assisting you how you can use C++11 to create speedier, easier, and extra effective C++ purposes.
- Master the basics of C++ and object-oriented programming
- Understand how C++11 beneficial properties assist you write compact and effective code utilizing thoughts equivalent to lambda expressions, stream constructors, and task operators
- Learn the normal Template Library, together with bins and algorithms utilized in so much real-world C++ purposes
- Test your wisdom and services utilizing workouts on the finish of each lesson
Learn by yourself time, at your individual speed:
- No prior programming event required
- Learn C++11, object-oriented programming, and research
- Write speedy and robust C++ courses, collect the resource code with a gcc compiler, and create executable documents
- Use the normal Template Library’s (STL) algorithms and bins to jot down feature-rich but reliable C++ functions
- Develop refined programming concepts utilizing lambda expressions, shrewdpermanent tips, and circulate constructors
- Learn to extend your program’s energy with inheritance and polymorphism
- Master the gains of C++ by means of studying from programming specialists
- Learn C++11 gains that let you application compact and high-performance C++ applications
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART I: THE BASICS
LESSON 1: Getting begun with C++11
LESSON 2: The Anatomy of a C++ Program
LESSON three: utilizing Variables, mentioning Constants
LESSON four: coping with Arrays and Strings
LESSON five: operating with Expressions, Statements, and Operators
LESSON 6: Controlling software Flow
LESSON 7: Organizing Code with capabilities
LESSON eight: tips and References Explained
PART II: basics OF OBJECT-ORIENTED C++ PROGRAMMING
LESSON nine: periods and Objects
LESSON 10: enforcing Inheritance
LESSON eleven: Polymorphism
LESSON 12: Operator forms and Operator Overloading
LESSON thirteen: Casting Operators
LESSON 14: An advent to Macros and Templates
PART III: studying the normal TEMPLATE LIBRARY (STL)
LESSON 15: An advent to the normal Template Library
LESSON sixteen: The STL String Class
LESSON 17: STL Dynamic Array Classes
LESSON 18: STL checklist and forward_list
LESSON 19: STL Set Classes
LESSON 20: STL Map Classes
PART IV: extra STL
LESSON 21: realizing functionality Objects
LESSON 22: C++11 Lambda Expressions
LESSON 23: STL Algorithms
LESSON 24: Adaptive bins: Stack and Queue
LESSON 25: operating with Bit Flags utilizing STL
PART V: complicated C++ CONCEPTS
LESSON 26: knowing shrewdpermanent Pointers
LESSON 27: utilizing Streams for enter and Output
LESSON 28: Exception Handling
LESSON 29: Going Forward
A: operating with Numbers: Binary and Hexadecimal
B: C++ Keywords
C: Operator Precedence
E: ASCII Codes